Subject: Toothed whales

Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:22:19 -1000

>Hi, Im a 6th grade student in New York.  I have to do a report on a whale. It
>is called the two toothed whale.  I cann't find any information on this
whale.
>I hope you can help me. I need to know what color it is. What it eats.
Were it
>lives and anything that is important .  I hope you can help me . Thank you
>very much.
> 			CelieA

Celie -

Actually, 'the toothed whale' is NOT just one whale, it is a group of
whales and mostly dolphins which have teeth.  There are two main types of
whales and dolphins:  one is the baleen whales, including humpback whales,
gray whales, right whales, minke whales, etc.; and the other is the toothed
whales.  The whales and dolphins in this group have teeth instead of
baleen.  This group includes all dolphins, porpoises, beaked whales, river
dolphins, and the sperm whale.

This should help you to find some more information.  Good luck!

Aloha -

Jen

Jennifer D. Philips
jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu