Subject: Two tooted whale, repost

Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:46:22 -1000

Celie -

In answer to your question yesterday I accidentally forgot to finish my
explanation.  I mentioned that there is the group of whales and dolphins
called the toothed whales, but I forgot finish.  The reason I described the
'toothed whales' is because I have not heard of the 'two toothed whale'
either.  It could be that you were assigned the 'toothed whales'?
Otherwise, my only advice would be to suggest that the two toothed whale
COULD be the narwhal.  That narwhal has only two teeth in the upper jaw,
and in males one of these teeth, extends out to form a long tusk.  Another
possibility is that the 'two toothed whale' is one of the beaked whales.
Most of the beaked whales have a pair of large teeth in their lower jaws
that stick out of their mouth and point upward.  BUT, I did a search of my
own on the web, and I could not find any reference to an animal called the
'two toothed whale'.  Good luck in your search!  You might ask your teacher
for a hint.

Aloha again

Jen

>Hi, Im a 6th grade student in New York.  I have to do a report on a whale. It
>is called the two toothed whale.  I cann't find any information on this
whale.
>I hope you can help me. I need to know what color it is. What it eats.
Were it
>lives and anything that is important .  I hope you can help me . Thank you
>very much.
> 			CelieA

Jennifer D. Philips
jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu