Subject: Marine Mammal Scientists Salaries/Salary

Martine Berube (mberube@ulb.ac.be)
Mon, 18 May 1998 16:48:49 +0200 (MET DST)

Salaries vary greatly among marine mammal scientists, with government and
industry jobs having the highest pay. Despite the fact that the salary will
increase with years of experience and graduate degrees, it generally remains
low considering the amount of experience and education needed. This is
mainly due to the high competition in this field. Another factor is in which
country you are living the level of salary will vary a fair amount. A 1990
survey of 1,234 mammalogists conducted by the American Society of
Mammalogists indicated that 42.7% of the respondents earned >$40,000/year.
The salary range that included the most respondents (21.2%) was the
$30,000-$40,000 range.
I am sorry if I cannot give you more details.
Good luck with your project,
Martine

At 04.24 PM 11-05-1998 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I am doing a project for my careers class, and I have to make a graph on
>how Marine Mammologists' pay differs. I need to know how much they get
>payed if they have a B.S. degree, if they have a M.S. degree, a Masters
>degree, and a Ph. D. degree. If you could e-mail me back the answer to
>my question, I would really appreciate that. Thank you for your time.
>
>                                         Jon
>
>"You can lay the foundation of a friendship in a matter of moments, but
>it is a work of time to build a monument."
>-Madelyn Watt

Martine Berube
Unit of Evolutionary Genetics
Department of Molecular Biology