Subject: Bridled Dolphin Population

Martine Berube (mberube@ulb.ac.be)
Fri, 22 May 1998 12:54:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear John,
The bridled dolphin or spotted dolphin has suffered a lot from incidental
catches in nets. I could not find any population estimated of the species
worldwide but it is estimated that there may be 2-4 million bridled dolphins
still left in the tropical Pacific. If you would like more information about
the species, I would refer you Dr. W.F. Perrin who published a fair amount
on the subject.
Cheers,
Martine

At 10.47 AM 21-05-1998 -0400, you wrote:
>About how big is the popultion of the Bridled Spotted Dolphins?
>
>          from,
>             John P.

Martine Berube
Unit of Evolutionary Genetics