Subject: Migration patterns and/or most common stranding locations

Martine Berube (mberube@ulb.ac.be)
Mon, 25 May 1998 11:02:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Stephanie,
I found a website were strandings from all over the world (the ones on the
net at least) are mentionned: http://dolphin.fysh.org/strandng.html.
Regarding the question on migration of whales, this is too general. I
suggest you look at the site "Species and Behaviors Information and Links"
on WhaleNet where under each species you are interested you will find
general information about their migration.
Good luck,
Martine

At 07.06 PM 24-05-1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Martine,
>   Hi, my name is Stephanie. I was wondering if you had any information
>on the most common places that a whale strands all over the world. I
>looked on whale net and only found some common places in the USA. See,
>I'm doing a 6th grade science project on the stranding of whales, and i
>have e-mailed you before. I bought a 30x58 inch map of the world...(it
>was the smallest I could find, believe it or not.) I was planning to
>mark on the map the main stranding locations of whales. I was also
>planning to mark on the map the migration paths of whales, but I didn't
>find any information on that in whale net either. Please, if you have
>any information on this or where it can be located in whale net, or
>anywhere on the internet, it would be "greatly" appreciated.
>
>Thanx so much,
>    Stephanie
>
>P.S. Sorry for the long e-mail....

Martine Berube