Subject: The Fin Whale

Martine Berube (mberube@ulb.ac.be)
Mon, 25 May 1998 11:16:51 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Shaun Lapetina,
First, you should look at the WhaleNet site Species and Behaviors
Information and Links, and click on species links
(http://acsonline.org/links.htm) where you will find information about fin
whales.
Finally, please look at the two following website:
http://www.nmfs.gov/tmcintyr/cetacean/fin.html
http://www.coa.edu/ASSOCIATEDPROGRAMS/AlliedWhale
The last one is from Allied Whale from the College of the Atlantic in Maine,
the organisation who initiated the catalogue of photo-identification of the
North Atlantic fin whale.
Have a good day,
Martine

At 01.30 AM 25-05-1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Sir:
>     My name is Shaun Lapetina and I am a grade 6 student. I have an
>assignment about the Finn Whale and need some information about them. Can
>you help me out? This assignment is due in a few days. Anything you can give
>me would be great. Thanks for your help. My email address is following:
>Shaun Lapetina:      canoneer@travel-net.com
>I really hope that you can help me out as I have never heard of this whale.
>They do not seem to be very popular or well known. Again, thanks.
>Shaun Lapetina
>canoneer@travel-net.com

Martine Berube
Unit of Evolutionary Genetics