Subject: General whale information (fwd)

Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:51:59 -0400 (EDT)

To: RayStudio@aol.com
Cc: pita@whale.wheelock.edu
Subject: General whale information

Samantha,
	Great to hear that you are so interested in whales! I think there
are two ways you could go about learning more about whales before heading
out on your whale watch. First, you could do a web search using words like
whale or whale watching - or more specific words like humpback whale or
minke whale. Second, you could go to your local library and take out a
book about whales. I am sure there a lots of them so look for a general
one that will tell you what kinds of whales you will see on your whale
watch and what those whales look like.
	In order to prepare for a career as a marine biologist you will
need to take lots of math and science classes - the more the better. It
would also be good to find a summer camp or after school program that
teaches about marine biology! Hope this helps.

Courtney