Subject: Whale food

Center for Oceanic Research and Education (core@coreresearch.org)
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:31:15 -0400

 Dear Scientist, I am in fourth grade and am doing a report on whales. I
> am required to use the internet as my only source. I have found out alot
> about whales but I can't seem to find out what they specifically eat.
> Could you write me and tell me please? Thank you, Breanna Bowden.
> my e-mail address is sbowden1@flash.net

Dear Breanna,
What a whale eats depends on what type of whale it is. For instance, blue
whales feed predominantly on krill, right whales feed on copepods &
humpbacks feed on small schooling fish such as herring and sand eels. For
more information, try using the "How to Find" page on the Whalenet website
(http://whale.wheelock.edu/howtofind.html).
Good luck on your report!

Josh Miller
CORE Asst. Director