Subject: Re: question

Rui Prieto (rprieto@dop.uac.pt)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:48:40 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01BDE31B.CE66AEE0

Hello,

Sorry about the delay answering your question, but we had a problem in the
computer caused by a thunder storm and went off-line.

Now, about your question:

>i was just wondering what the average life span of an Orka (killer
>whale) is? or basically how long they live??

Orcas can live for many years. The oldest known Orca was about 80 years old,
but that the average is robably lower thtan that, between 40 and 50 years.
The age of Orcas is calculated either by growth layers that can be seen
inside the teeth, or by the study of known populations, were animals are
recognised individually, by photo identification.

Cheers,

Rui

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01BDE31B.CE66AEE0
	filename="Rui Prieto.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Prieto;Rui;;;
FN:Rui Prieto
ORG:DOP;DOP
TITLE:
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+351 22988
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+351 (092) 32054
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+351 09319960245
TEL;WORK;FAX:+351 (092) 22659
ADR;WORK:;;Cais de Sta Cruz;Horta;;9900;Portugal
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Cais de Sta Cruz=3D0D=3D0AHorta,  =
9900=3D0D=3D0APortugal
URL:http://www.uac.pt/dop
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rprieto@dop.uac.pt
REV:19980918T154840Z