Subject: Re: Question about humpback

Greg Early (gearly@neaq.org)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:55:19 -0400

At 01:05 PM 10/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>do you know how many live in each placeof the world or how could I find
>out?

Wow...I guess the answer is no I don't know how many whales are in each
place.  Whales move around a lot, particularly the large ones.  Some whales
spend their whole lives so far out to sea that people have never seen them.
 Because there are almost one hundred different kinds of whales and
dolphins one of the best things you could do is look up some of your
favorites and see where they live and how many of them are there.  A couple
of places to start would be the whalenet web page, the New England Aquarium
webpage (neaq.org).

good luck

ge
Greg Early