Subject: Whale lifespans

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:07:18 -1000

>I am asking a question on whales. I would like to know
what is the life
>expectancy of a whale. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated.Thank you
>for your time. Please respond to this question.
>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0
>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 MMC0903@aol.com

I just answered the same question for another person!  I'll forward you my response:

Baleen whales can live as long as 90 or 100 years, probably 60 to 80 years on average.=A0 Of course this may be slightly different for each species of baleen whale.=A0 I think the best way to look at it is that they seem to live as long as humans do.

Thanks for you question!=A0 Write back anytime.

Aloha-
Jen Philips

Jennifer D. Philips
jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu