Subject: Humpback arrival in Hawaii

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:12:04 -1000

>My name is John Safran and I'd like to know if the whales have arrived
>in Hawaii.  Our daughter and her new husband will be honeymooning on
>Maui from November 8 - 17, and they will be staying in the Kaanapali
>area.  My wife and visited that area in March, 1992 and the whale
>watching was great.  I will be thrilled if you could send a reply before
>November 6.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this
>message.
>John Safran    jas1@mail.oeonline.com

John -

It's still a little early yet for the humpbacks to arrive here in Hawaii.
Late November and December begins the arrival, though most whales do not
get here until well into December.  Your daughter and her husband MIGHT get
extremely lucky and see a very early first arrival, but I would predict
not.  They might have to suffice with sunset sails sans the whales!

Aloha -

Jen Philips

Jennifer D. Philips
jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu