Subject: Salary of marine biologist

Fri, 06 Nov 1998 21:47:40 -1000

>I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH A MARINE BIOLIGIST MAKES A YEAR
>IT IS A ASSIGNMENT FOR SCHOOL I'M IN 6TH GRADE AT THREE OAK'S MIDDLE
>IN FT.MYERS,FLORIDA  WOULD APPRECIATE AN ANSWER AS SOON
>AS POSSIBLE
>

>                                                                   THANK YOU
>VERY MUCH

DANIEL
>VALLIA

Daniel -

That varies depending on the job the marine biologist has and how long the
marine biologist has had the job.  A marine biologist who works as a
scientist makes very little to start out, about 25,000 to 30,000 per year,
but makes more as they advance in their career, maybe 40,000 or 50,000 or
more.  There is no set standard, but most scientists do not make a lot of
money.  Marine biologists who work as teachers, at aquariums, or in
industry could make more to start out, and eventually make as much as
75,000 per year.   The average scientist starting out after their PhD makes
about 35,000 per year, on average for all sciences, according to one source
I saw recently.  Not very much, but the work is pretty rewarding and
interesting!

Thanks for your question.  Write again anytime.

Aloha -

Jen Philips

__________________________________

Jennifer D. Philips