Subject: Blue whales

S. Jones (betej@u.washington.edu)
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:45:49 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 Rdesau@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Bete,
> I am in the 4th grade and I am doing a report on blue whales.  I have got a
> few books from the library.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Do you know
> where I could find some good pictures of blue whales or is it possible for you
> to send me some on email.  My report is due soon.
>                                                  Thanks, Lindsay

Dear Lindsay,

One book that I like is called "Whales and Dolphins" by the National
Geographic Society.  You can find it in any bookstore and most libraries.
It has a lot of good pictures and information on the blue whale.  If your
parents subscribe to National Geographic, you might want to look at some
past issues to see if they have pictures of blue whales.  A man by the
name of Bob Talbot is known for his work photographing marine mammals.
You can look for books with his pictures in them.  He also makes a
calendar every year that is full of great pictures.

I looked on the web and found a couple of sites that might help you.  The
first one has some information on blue whales and the second one has
pictures of whales and dolphins:

1.  http://www.aqua.org/animals/species/bluewhale.html
2.  http://whales.magna.com.au/DISCOVER/gallery

You can also do a general search on the web with the keyword "blue whale"
to find more information.

I hope this helps you with your report!  Good luck!

Bete