Subject: Career as a Marine Biologist

S. Jones (betej@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:09:17 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 DrJP2002@aol.com wrote:

> Are There any places that a Marine Biologist could get a job around the
> Seattle area?  And What kind of animals would the Marine Biologist get to work
> with around that are? How could a Marine Biologist get a job with NOAA?
>

> please reply my e-mail address is DrJp2002@aol.com
>
> 	Thanks A lot

Hello,
I am not sure if you are asking only about getting a job with marine
mammals.  But, assuming you are, some of the places to work with these
animals are at the NOAA/National Marine Fisheries Service/National Marine
Mammal Laboratory, the Northwest Fisheries Science Center, or the Whale
Museum on San Juan Island.  The species of marine mammals that are seen in
this area are killer whales, harbor porpoise, Dall's porpoise, California
sea lions, harbor seals, minke whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, and
gray and humpback whales can been seen on the coast during certain times
of the year.  If you are interested in applying for a job at NOAA, check
out this web page:  http://www.usajobs.opm.gov  It lists jobs that are
available in the government.  You can also look up the National Marine
Mammal Laboratory on the web to get more information about specific
projects.

Good luck!

Bete