Subject: Photoidentification

S. Jones (
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:18:57 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 wrote:

> What is the name of the career that takes pictures of whales flukes to
> identify the whales?  Please Reply at
> 	Thanks a bunch

The technique of taking pictures to identify whales by the patterns on
their flukes is called photoidentification.  The person taking the
pictures usually has a career in marine mammal science.

Good luck!