Subject: Careers in marine biology

S. Jones (betej@u.washington.edu)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:35:13 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Judy Wihlfehrt wrote:

> At age 46 Iam going back to school to recieve my degree in Marine
> Biology.  Iam concerned that at my age I may not be marketable.  I do
> realize that  what I put into it, is what I'll get out.
> I'am having a hard time finding schlorships for women over 45 in this
> field.
> Sny suggestions?

Dear Judy,
I am not sure if you are asking specifically about going to school to
learn more about marine mammals, or just marine biology in general.  So, I
will assume marine mammals.  There is a link to a page with information
about careers in this area, including a list of good schools and
information about grants and scholarships.  You can find the link to this
page on:
http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html
The same page also has a link for information on general marine science.

You can always take out a loan from the government - that is the only luck
I have had!

Try this out and let me know if it works.  It is never too late to chase a
dream - best of luck to you.

Bete