Subject: Killer Whales

S. Jones (betej@u.washington.edu)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:44:33 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Ron Getto wrote:

>               I am doing a research paper on killer whales and was
> wondering if you could help me find info. about their evolution, their
> lifestyles and the way they care for their young.
>                                         Kim
>
>           Also any
> additional information on what makes them unique  >would be extremely
> appreciated!. . .Thanks.

Dear Kim,

You should find a long list of killer whale books on the Whalenet web
page.  They should get you started on your project.  One interesting fact
is that a killer whale is not actually a whale - it is the largest member
of the dolphin family.  They are also well known for their complex social
structure.

The web page is located at:

http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html

Look under the bibliographies section.