Subject: whale blubber

Phil Clapham (phillip.clapham@noaa.gov)
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:54:04 -0500

Hi:

Wow!  What a great project!  I'm really not qualified to give you the
information you need, but I'm going to send you to someone who is.  His
name is Dr Michael Moore from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
and he knows all about blubber in whales.  His email is mmoore@whoi.edu.

There really hasn't been a great deal of study about blubber.  Dr Sara
Iverson at Dalhousie University in Canada (you might find her on the
Web) has done some work on blubber and she'd be another good person to
contact.

good luck!

Phil Clapham

--