Subject: Studying whales

Phil Clapham (
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:55:19 -0500


Probably the best thing to do is to contact the European Cetacean
Society which is the main scientific society for this type of work in
Europe.  Peter Evans can tell you more; his email is (I think).  They probably have a Web
page - you can find it by searching on the society name.  Also check the
Web page for the Society for Marine Mammalogy

Good luck.

Phil Clapham

Ewa Lewkowska wrote:
>   Hi.My name's Ewa Lewkowska and I'm from Poland. I'm a biology student
> at the University in Wroclaw. I'm very interested in marine biology and
> I want to study the marine mammals biology. In our Baltic See there are
> only a few such animals, so I would like to go somewhere else to see
> them and to learn about them.Could you write me some adresses of an
> organisations , which can help me? Thank you.
>  Your sincerly
>     Ewa Lewkowska
>  email:
> ______________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free Email at


Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D.
Northeast Fisheries Science Center
166 Water Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

tel (508) 495-2316
fax (508) 495-2066