Subject: Scientist

Al Romero (romero@macalester.edu)
Sat, 06 Feb 1999 08:44:09 -0600

At 08:35 PM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:

> Dear Scientist,
>     I love animals, And to discover things out.  When I am older I would
like
> to be a scientist. Is being a scientist fun?  If I was a scientist what
> things would I do?  What do you have to do to be a scientis?  What kinds of
> scientists could you be ?  For example: An animal scientist.  I don't know
> how to end this letter.
>
> But I guess I will give you my e-mail address so you can e-mail me back.  My
> e-mail address is <mailto:datamgmt@iinc.com>datamgmt@iinc.com.
>

> P.S.
> Please e-mail me back as soon as possible.!!!!.
>

>         A very intersted visitor,
>
>                   Gretchen

Science is a way of knowing and that it what a scientist is all about, try to
uncover the mysteries of the Universe and of all of its parts. There are many
types of scientists. Scientists that do field work, scientists that do
laboratory work, and scientists that to theoretical work. The description of
what they do varies according to specialties and interests, but they all share
a common trait: curiosity, i.e., the need to do research so we can learn
things.

Cheers,

Aldemaro Romero, Ph.D.
Director and Associate Professor