Subject: Beluga Whale

Al Romero (romero@macalester.edu)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 13:42:17 -0600

At 10:27 PM 2/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
> Question, do you  know the migration route for the beluga whale please
send a
>picture if you can and do you know any useful sources or websites on them
>        thanks

Belugas or white whales are distributed around the Arctic circle and they
show seasonal movements. Unlike other populations of cetaceans they do not
have a single migrating route; each population has its own movements.

I am sorry but I do not have pictures of white whales nor I know of any
particular web site on them (I have seen many, so I am sure you will have
no difficulty finding one).

Best wishes,

Aldemaro Romero, Ph.D.
Director and Associate Professor