Subject: Sleep

Al Romero (romero@macalester.edu)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:24:09 -0600

--=====================_10676521==_.ALT

At 06:51 PM 2/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

> Hi my name is Michael and Iam doing a projects on Right Whales I have found
> alot of information on this type of whale except for one question. I have to
> found out where they sleep. I know they are in the ocean but is their a
place
> type of water?? I would be very grateful for your help and information.
> Thankyou
> Michael

Whales do not seem to choose any particular type of waters.  They tend to
sleep
20-30% of the time per day (a little less than a human would).  They sleep
near
the surface of the water since they need to breath in intervals that range
from
every few seconds to a few minutes.

Best wishes,

Aldemaro Romero, Ph.D.