Subject: Endangered Whales

bcooper@neaq.org
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:28:09 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
	I did a quick search of the "ASK" archives, as I like to do, and I
found some great information. The whales in our oceans are either
endangered or threatened. Due to whaling, populations of some whales such
as Right, Humpback, and Blue whales were endanger of becoming extinct.
Fortunately, whaling has been greatly reduced, allowing these and other
population of whales to increase. Whaling still exists today but,
hopefully someday that will change.
I hope I answered your question. Should you have any more drop me a note.

Resources you can check:
The Natural History of Whales and Dolphins by Peter Evans. 1987
WhaleNet ASK Archives (Search WhaleNet): http://whale.wheelock.edu
WhaleNet educational resources:
http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html

Bob Cooper
Sr. Biologist
New England Aquarium
Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
617-973-5273
bcoop@neaq.org    www.neaq.org

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 lemperle@email.com wrote:

> I am doing a project for school on endangered whales and I need info.
(A.S.A.P.) on what is causing whales to become endangered and how to fix that
problem. Thankyou and please send your reply to lemperle@email.com