Subject: Visit to Alaska in August 1999

Al Romero (romero@macalester.edu)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:27:24 -0600

--=====================_8247403==_.ALT

> Hello!
>
> Could you tell me what whales we might reasonably expect to see on a cruise
> we are taking in August from Vancouver via the inside passage to Glacier Bay
> in Alaska. If you could also recommend a suitable Field guide that would be
> of use to amateurs, that would also be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks in anticipation of your reply,
>
> Graham Rollason

Orcas ("killer" whales) for sure. Humpbacks and grays, may be. There are
several whale watching guides in the market.  The most recent one is by P.
Corrigan "The whale watchers guide: whale watching trips in North America"
(1999 edition) published by NorthWord Press.

Best wishes and have a nice trip.

Aldemaro Romero, Ph.D.
Director and Associate Professor
Environmental Studies Program