Subject: Marine Biology

bcooper@neaq.org
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:23:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lauren,

We have an excellent careers section here at whalenet
whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html
look in the career section.
I think that you can't go wrong by going to college and earning your
degree in biology. Many schools will allow you to taylor your degree to
your specific interests. Going to  school with established programs in
marine biology would give you a bit of an edge though. Many of the people
in the field have started by volunteering or interning as part of their
degree program. In that way you can get work experience, fine tune what it
is exactly that you want to do, and possibly get credit for it as well.
Don't forget to try that careers link.

I hope it helps,
Good luck,
Bob Cooper