Subject: Re: Mediterrean Plants

Bob Cooper (bcoop@neaq.org)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:23:28 -0500

>I am looking for 3 plants (and a picture of each) that live in the
>Mediterrean Sea.  I know that there are seagrass and algae, but I was
>looking for specific names.
>
>I am really hoping that you can help me with this.  Thank you for your
>time, I really appreciate it.
>
>Jaime

Hi Jaime,

Marine algae is not my best subject but, here are some ideas:

A good book on marine biology should be able to help.

You might also try books on algae specifically like:
Introduction to the Algae. Structure and Reproduction. H.C. Bold and M.J.
Wynne. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ. 1978.

You might also try field guides to the area, they often contain algae as
well as the animals that live there.

I did a quick search on the internet and found this:
http://www.lam.mus.ca.us/~dgeiger/chlorophyta.html
not much but it might give you some direction.

Good luck,
Bob Cooper