Subject: volunteer positions

roman (jroman@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 09:30:38 +0100

>      Dear Sir/Madam, I'm a third year vet student  at Cambridge
>University. I am interested in marine mammal research and was  wondering
>if you would be able to help find a voluntary placement in this area.
>Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation, Dan Skeldon

Dear Dan:

I can recommend two sources for finding volunteer positions.  WhaleNet has
a link for careers and educational resources at

http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html

I also find the MARMAM server to be helpful.  You'll get a few E-mail
messages a day, with news on marine mammals and available positions, both
paid and unpaid.

saying: subscribe marmam Yourfirstname Yourlastname

Best of luck finding a position!

Joe

Joseph Roman
University of Florida