Subject: dolphin epidemic

roman (jroman@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 16:48:36 +0100

>     Hi, I found this link to ask you questions on the  Internet and I was
>wondering whether you could help me with some information. I  am
>translating a text about dolphins and they refer to an epidemic that
>affected  the Mediterranrean in 1990 and 1991, in Catalan it's called Dof=
=ED
>Llistat,  which literally means "listed dolphin". Are you able to tell me
>the  English name for this illness? Thank you in advance,  Veronica Lambert

Dear Veronica:

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the "listed dolphin" epidemic.  Do
you have access to Biological or Zoological Abstracts at your local
university?  If you run a search through the scientific papers published
after 1991, you might get lucky and find this elusive epidemic.

You could also try running "dolphin" and "epidemic" through the search
engine at WhaleNet.

http://whale.wheelock.edu/howtofind.html

And if neither of those work, you might send a query out through MARMAN, a
server that many marine mammalogists subscribe to:

-To submit a message to MARMAM, send it to: marmam@uvvm.uvic.ca
-Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the
text of all submissions, and ensure your message has an appropriate
subject heading (ie., not "Message for MARMAM")
saying: subscribe marmam Yourfirstname Yourlastname
-To contact the MARMAM editors, write to: marmamed@uvic.ca
-MARMAM Editorial Policy & FAQ: http://is.dal.ca/~whitelab/marmam.htm

Best of luck in your search!

Joe