Subject: Name of the bones in a whale

Martine Berube (martine@sbs.bangor.ac.uk)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:27:17 GMT

At 12.33 AM 15-03-1999 -0600, you wrote:
>My daughter is doing a paper and is looking for including the names of
>the bones in a whale.  We have found a drawing of the skeleton, but does
>not have the names of the  bones.  Can you help?
>
>Thanks

Dear Sandy,
You are absolutely right that it is very difficult to find drawing of
skeleton with the name for each bones attached. I have found a site,
http://www-adm.pdx.edu/user/bio/articula/steps/step4.html
where they deal with putting a whale skeleton together.  I suggest that you
contact the person in charge, C. Miller. He might be able to help you.
I am sorry I cannot be of more help.
Sincerely Martine
Martine Berube
School of Biological Sciences