Subject: HI MARTINE

Martine Berube (martine@sbs.bangor.ac.uk)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:21:21 GMT

Dear Karen,
There are 3 families in the order of Mysticeti including 10 species and you
have 8 families in the order of odontoceti which includes a total of 66 species.
Cheers,
Martine

At 05.03 PM 24-03-1999 PST, you wrote:
>Hi
> I just heard about this webpage where you can ask questions to people
>and I thought I should try it. I have a question about whales and it
>would be great if you could write back in the next two days, because I
>need the information for a school project.

My question is how many whales belong to the baleen whale group, and how
many to the toothed whale group? I wasn't able to find this information
anywhere. Thank you
>so much... Karen

Martine Berube
School of Biological Sciences