Subject: From Guadeloupe

Martine Berube (martine@sbs.bangor.ac.uk)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:15:27 +0100 (BST)

Dear Sophie,
You mill find information regarding the migration of humpback and sperm
whale at the WhaleNet website:
whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html and on humpback also at
this address:
http://whales.magna.com.au/DISCOVER/HUMP/humpm.html.

For more specific information regarding sperm whale, I suggest you contact
Dr. Hal Whitehead and his group (http://www.dal.ca/~whitelab/index.htm) from
the Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia,
Canada B3H 4JI
and for humpback whale, Dr. David Matilla from the Center for Coastal
Studies (http://www.provincetown.com/coastalstudies/index.html), Box 1036,
Provincetown, MA 02657, USA.

Cheers,
Martine

At 09.32 AM 28-03-1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i'm a French journalist . I work for the RFO TV Channel in Guadeloupe. I'm
maing a film about whales in Carribbean (whale watching in Dominica and in
st Barthelemy, whale hunting in Grenadines and building fishings factories
by japan in Dominica, ste Lucier and don on). I will be in Grenada in May
for the big meeting.
>But here in Guadeloupe, I can't find anything about whales. I'd like to
know the way of migration of the sperm whale and the humpback whale. Wher do
they live (females, adults and males, where do they reproduce, and why can
we see them from january to april here in carribbean?

>I don't do a film about whale specificities, I will speak about the danger
of industrial fishing in this area but I need to explain and to show with a
card of their migration, why they are in this area...