Subject: Catching macro-organisms in rivers

Dagmar Fertl (Dagmar.Fertl@mms.gov)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:32:57 -0400

     Luc,

     I'm not sure how to answer your question, since I am a dolphin
     biologist and don't know much about rivers, particularly in Belgium.
     You should probably contact an expert on the rivers and the animals
     that live there in Belgium.  I assume you're asking about catching
     fishes, so perhaps you can call a local aquarium, or even ask at a pet
     store and they might be able to help you more.  Good luck on your
     report!

     Dagmar

Subject: methods of catching macro-organisms
Author:  "Luc Marien" <luc.maerien@ping.be> at ~smtp
Date:    4/12/99 5:23 PM

I have to make a little report for school. It is about macro-organisms that
live in small rivers in Belgium. It also includes methods how to catch those
creatures and the factors that will influence the catch. My question to you
is whether or not you know that is already proved in scientific studies that
abiotic factors such as depth, time of holding the net underwater,... have
an actual effect.