Subject: Need help!

Caroline DeLong (delong@hawaii.edu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:01:39 -1000

Aloha Elizabetta,

I discussed the caloric content of capelin with the head trainer and fish
buyer at our lab on Coconut Island.  He said the caloric content of capelin
depends on where you obtain the catch.  If the capelin are from Canadian
waters, they are approximately 3-4% fat. If the capelin are from Icelandic
waters, they are approximately 9-10% fat.  We buy Icelandic capelin, and
it's about 1400 kilocalories per kilogram.

I hope that helps!

Good luck with your studies.
Caroline