Subject: What do marine biologists do exactly?

Caroline DeLong (delong@hawaii.edu)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:00:43 -1000

At 07:32 PM 4/19/99 -1000, you wrote:
>I was wondering what speific field would I want to go in if I wanted to
>work hands on with marine animals. What high school and collage courses
>should I take?

Hi Natasha,

WhaleNet has a great educational resource page where you can find lots of
information regarding careers-
http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html

I recommend the Society for Marine Mammalogy's site: Strategies for
Pursuing a Career in Marine Science-
http://www.rtis.com/nat/user/elsberry/marspec/mmstrat.html
This site will tell you the high school and college courses you should
focus on. Also, try working in the field as a volunteer or intern to make
sure you like the kinds of experiences you will have as a marine mammal
scientist.

Good Luck!
Caroline
Caroline DeLong