Subject: do orcas migrate?

Howard Garrett (tokitae@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:20:27 -0400 (EDT)

>My name is Jeremy and im in third grade i'm doing a report on killer whales.
>I would like to know if whales migrate.  I have looked in encyclopedias and
>they talk about them staying in pods but doesn't say anything about if they
>migrate.
>
>Thank you very much.

        Orcas do often follow the migrations of food sources, but it is more
correct to say they "range" throughout their particular habitats. There may
be some predictablity, but each community and each pod may determine their
own habits of movement.

Howard

Howard Garrett
Tokitae Foundation
Lolita Campaign Coordinator
(305) 672-4039
tokitae@bellsouth.net

For more on Lolita, and to hear her family and see a video of Lolita in
her tank, check out the NEW Free Lolita web site at: http://www.FreeLolita.net

and for a campaign overview, see the EVEN NEWER Lolita Come Home Page at:
http://www.rockisland.com/~tokitae/