Subject: (no subject)

Greg Early (gearly@neaq.org)
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:30:40 -0500

RENEVEL,

You and me both!

That was a joke...but all joking aside, one of the problems with trying to
help whales, these days, is that we really do not know that much about some
of them (at least not as much as some land animals).  Scientists have been
studying whales more and more in recent times, but there are still some
whales that we have never even seen alive in the ocean (some of the beaked
whales).

There are some good places to start finding out the things we DO know
however.  Quite a bit of information is on the web and in libraries.  Check
the "links" on WhaleNet to start looking.  Some other good web sites are at
the New England Aquarium (I work there so I have to put in the plug...at
http://neaq.org).  Another good web site is:

http://www.EnchantedLearning.com/subjects/whales/

While these will not tell you everything, they will give you a start.
Start reading and learning all that you can and one day you might want to
be a scientist and discover new things about whales yourself.  When you get
to that point (or if you ever DO learn everything about whales) let me know
and you will probably be able to teach me a thing or two.

Good Luck,

ge

At 10:21 AM 10/31/99 EST, you wrote:
>I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHALES