Subject: Re: whales and biomagnetism

Bete Jones (bjones@cats.ucsc.edu)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:15:38 -0800

At 04:53 PM 11/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>I was writing a research paper for my geography class and I was wondering
>if you could help me by telling me where I could find information on whale
>navigation including biomagnetism and sonar theory.
>I was looking for the first-hand work, papers and books written by the
>people who developed and researched these ideas.
>Thank you very much,
>Leyla3@uclink4.berkeley.edu

Dear Leyla,

The only paper I am aware of that adresses this subject is the following:

Brabyn, M., R.V.C. Frew.  1994.  New Zealand herd stranding sites do not
relate to geomagnetic topography.  Marine Mammal Science 10(2):195-207.

If you look up this paper, you might be able to find other sources in the
references section.

Good luck!

Bete Jones