- please distribute as wide (supporters, friends, local press) as
IN DEFENCE OF THE WHALES,
THE CHIEFLY PEOPLES OF THE OCEAN WORLD !
NO MORE TIME TO TALK - TIME FOR ACTION!
Today: JAPAN ASKS FOR WAR !
1.Help stop the Japanese whaling fleet killing MORE whales this summer
2.Act NOW! http://www.greenpeace.org.au/actnow/cyberask/nowhale.htm
3. Unidentified group vowes to destroy 100 Japanese made cars for every
whale killed by the Japanese fleet - randomly and worldwide.
TARGET LIST UPDATE ( - see all at the end of these latest news)
BOYCOTT JAPAN IN TOTAL !!!!
BOYCOTT RUSSIA !
BOYKOTT NORWAY !
STEP UP THE BOYCOTT AGAINST DENMARK !
CONTINUE TO BOYCOTT UNILEVER (Unilever brand names include Gorton's
Seafood, Bird's Eye, Langnese, Lipton's Tea, OMO washing powder, Dove
soap, etc. and Ben & Jerry's ice cream - reportedly contaminated
SLOW DOWN THE BOYCOTT CONCERNING THE NETHERLANDS !
(But let us see first more if the "Dutch Connection" ceased.)
What is still missing is the clear view and the clear will to act
together - and everybody, who has it, says:
UNITE TO STOP IT- NOW !
1. Help stop the Japanese whaling fleet killing MORE whales this summer
We need to keep the pressure on as Japan sets sail on its second whale
hunt this year in the name of "science".
Send a letter to the Prime Minister of Australia.
HOW MUCH LONGER CAN THE KILLING GO ON?
The Japanese whaling fleet comprising of a huge factory ship and five
catcher ships left Shimonoseki, Japan today to hunt 440 minke whales in
Southern Ocean Sanctuary around Antarctica.
The Japanese fleet has barely returned from its internationally disputed
'scientific' whaling expedition in the North Pacific, and already it is
leaving on a second hunt. Despite the fact that each year the
Whaling Commission (IWC) - the organisation responsible for managing
requests Japan to end its so-called 'scientific' whaling, Japan
expand its catches.
It seems the Japanese Government cares less about science than selling
meat. The whales caught in the Southern Ocean Sanctuary are sold
onto the Japanese market earning some US$60 million.
The U.S. Government is still considering economic sanctions against the
Japanese over its 'scientific' whaling program and the U.S. President
Clinton, U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair and New Zealand Prime Minister
Clark, personally called on Prime Minister Mori of Japan to cancel the
in the Pacific. The Australian Government has been noticeably absent in
Australia claims to be at the forefront of whale conservation. But it
Australia is being left behind. Itıs time to remind the Prime Minister
Australians won't stand for the killing of whales. Write to the Prime
Minister and tell him that you want him to publicly oppose Japan's
scientific whaling program by writing to the Japanese Prime Minister
demanding he end the hunt, and recall the whaling fleet to port.
2. ACT NOW - Send a letter to the Prime Minister of Australia.
Your actions do make a difference !
3. Unconfirmed reports speak of an activist group, which vowed late last
night to burn at least 100 Japanese made cars for each whale killed by
the Japanese fleet. The group has not been identified so far. The threat
announces actions at random and anywhere around the world.
Support THE GOOD, isolate THE BAD and
FIGHT THE UGLY:
THE TARGET LIST OF SHAME! (regularly updated):
THE TOTAL UGLY:
- JAPAN (Shame, Shame, Shame on you!)
- The PR company SHANDWICK (aka Shame'nd Wicked)
- NORWAY (Realize that you are just obsessed!
- THE FAROE ISLANDS (You will see it, NOW!)
- DANISH GOVERNMENT (STOP the support to the killings
in your(?) "Protectorate" - listen to the Danish People!)
- RUSSIA (STOP all Soviet Whalers - STOP the nuclear garbage
and Stop the sellout of nature in your great nation!)
Block them, fight them - wherever you find them!
- The HIGH NORTH ALLIANCE (from Canada, the Faroe Islands,
Greenland, Iceland and Norway)
- NETHERLANDS (The people with some of the worst environmental track
on earth - at home as well as in their former colonies!) NOW THE
GOVERNMENT ASKS JAPAN TO STOP, BUT HAS THE DUTCH
CONNECTION TURELY ABANDONED THEIR PUSH FOR RENEWED
COMMERCIAL WHALING? -
- CHINA (you believe you can continue? -just wait!)
- St. VINCENT & GRENADINES (STOP illegal whaling!)
- DOMINICA (the truth is out - your Governm. is corrupt!)
- ANTIGUA (stand up against Japanese aid threats!)
- NAMIBIA (Stop killing fur seals and harbouring whalers!)
- ST. KITTS
- St. LUCIA
We call for the widest possible sanctions against these countries and
the withrawal of any preferential trade agreement. We call for a total
consumer boycott concerning all products and services of these countries
including a TOTAL tourism boycott.
We call for the total isolation of these countries, to ban these
countries from any international meeting and the total stop from any
financial aid or support deriving from taxpayers
contributions, multilateral agreements or private sources to these
- IWC (now openly the whale butcher's society)
- CITES (the trade-negotiators for all the wildlife butchers)
- UNILEVER COMPANY (Unilever brand names include i.a. the Gorton's
Seafood (also from the
Faroes), Bird's Eye, Langnese, Lipton's Tea, OMO as well as other
detergents, Dove soap, and
Ben & Jerry's ice cream). DONT BUY!
- KOREA (Don't be such wimps - your vessels are poaching everywhere!)
- World Wildlife Fund (nobody trusts your diplo-words anymore!)
- IUCN / WCMC / UNEP (the smokescreen providers!)
- ITALY (do not go for a pee during voting and stop bartertrading guns
for fish or other favours!
That's known - so you do not need protection from whalers!)
- SWEDEN (close your borders with Norway, whose citizen might be
contaminated by toxic
- SWITZERLAND (lots of whales in those mountains - odder?
Or are you afraid conc. the swiss bank-accounts held by Japanese
- All other Countries, who do not stop the others to kill whales!
STOP BUYING FROM THEM (goods or ideas)!
STOP ANY FUNDING deriving from taxpayers money or private support.
BOYCOTT any tourism to the listed destinations.
IMPROVE or LEAVE IWC:
- AUSTRALIA - you have not done enough to protect whales and have to
improve a lot also in
other sectors of marine conservation. Don't just think THE GAMES are
- OMAN - You are a conservationist Sultan Quabus, so why not your
representatives? - and see: The Holy Quoran: DON'T DO MISCHIEF!)
- SOLOMON ISLANDS (o.k. you got other problems this time around, but
make sure your vote -
hopefully as an authority of the indigenous people of the Solomons -
is counted next time FOR a
- Sea Sheapherd International (Let us go all and get the whalers!)
- Greenpeace Intl. (congratulations on your strong stand)
- Greenpeace Australia
- Greenpeace Germany
- Campaign Whale
- ECOTERRA Intl.
- Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA)
- AgA International
- The Ocean Mammal Institute
- The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS)
- WDCS GERMANY
- U.S. Citizens Against Whaling
- Pro Wildlife Germany
- PROJECT BLUE SEA
- New Zealand (BRAVO: Honorables Mrs. Helen Clark and Mrs. Sandra Lee)
- Japan's Whale and Dolphin Action Network (IKAN)
- International Cetacean Education Research Centre
- International Marine Mammal Project of Earth Island
- All 15 Countries (lead by Ireland) supporting the whaling ban and the
(specifically Brazil, Argentina and India who resisted Japan (ese
The group asking Japan to stop included - led by Ireland
-representatives of the Netherlands, New
Zealand, Austria, Brazil, Britain, Finland, France, Germany, Italy,
Mexico, Monaco, Sweden, Switzerland
and the United States. Let us applaud them, but let us also not
forget so quickly Adelaide:
- Britain and the United States MUST now follow up with trade related
sanctions against the UGLY.
- Germany shows and has one of the best track records against whaling!
- German food distribution giant ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Co (who cancelled
all purchase contracts from the
Faroes) More than 1,250 stores said NO!.
- All the other 20,000 retailers (REWE, EDEKA, TENGELMANN and now
KARSTADT, who cancelled
contracts with the Faroes and/or Danmark in protest against the Faroe
- The majority PEOPLE of Denmark, Sweden and Norway - but not their
governments (yet) or crazy whalers.
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) - but please clarify your
stand on RMS
Please click the following , WATCH, and LISTEN to
whale mother and her child's desperate plea :
WE CALL FOR ACTIVE GLOBAL DEFENCE
AGAINST ANY WHALER - AND NOW!
Visit Eco.online, http://www.eco-online.conf.au a web site created by
non-governmental organizations to cover the last IWC meeting in Adelaide
http://www.helpwhales.com explains (1) how you can send emails and
faxes to support a whale sanctuary, and (2) how you can sign a petition
for a global whale sanctuary.
Go to: http://www.stopwhalingnow.com and protest against Japan and to
to express your outrage to some, who went for Japenese money rather then
for real peoples values!
Interested to "meet" the Japanese Whalers with a "hit"?
Go to: http://www.jp-whaling-assn.com/index_eng.htm
Or to bring the "high" HIGH-NORTH-ALLIANCE down ?
Go to: http://www.highnorth.no/
ACTIONS TO TAKE TO STOP JAPANs WHALE & DOLPHIN SLAUGHTER:
Send a fax to Japan Prime Minister Yoshiro Mori:
or send him an e-mail from this website:
Fax the Embassy of Japan in Washington, DC:
US citizens: Convey your support and thanks to Rep. Bill Delahunt, for
introducing the resolution in the House of Representatives calling on
President Clinton not to support Japan's bid to gain a permanent seat on
U.N. Security Council unless it stops whaling. Urge him to add language
opposing Japan's unsustainable dolphin slaughter.
Congressman Bill Delahunt
1317 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Fax: (202) 225-5658
ECOTERRA - FIRST PEOPLES & NATURE FIRST !
SURVIVAL & FREEDOM for PEOPLE & NATURE
Feel free to subscribe any or all of our mailing lists:
WILD_PEOPLES (Defending natural rights of traditional tribal peoples)
WILD_LIFE (Protection of species of wild fauna and flora)
WILD_SKY (Protection of the atmosphere)
WILD_SEAS (Protection of the marine biosphere)
WILD_LANDS (Protection of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems)
WILD_FORESTS (Protection of the natural forests)
WILD_ROAR (ECOTERRA ALERT BULLETIN)
WILD_TIMES_NEWS - the hardcopy for people without internet access
check it out at: <http://www.angelfire.com/mi/smilinks/thirdeye.html>
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:40:16 EDT