[WILD_SEAS] THE LEGACY OF DAVID McTAGGART

From: WILDNET (wildnet@ecoterra.net)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 17:48:30 EST

THE LEGACY OF DAVID McTAGGART
AFTER THE GLOBAL MOURNING - THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE DONE

I knew and loved David for years, as an ever moving virtuoso enraptured
with the environment and life.
His abrupt departure leaves us with tasks we must undertake and finish
for him.

His deep wish was that the South Pacific Islanders have the support of
all nations, especially those of the Caribbean by validating the South
Pacific Sanctuary at the International Whaling Commission in London this
July.

If the South Pacific is far from us, it is in the hearts of all of us -
an unattainable paradise for most; but these are islands who need our
support if they are to achieve their aims

Politics should not inflict dissent in a region so pure and magical; it
is out of place, even unnecessary to even ask that we realise David's
dream, as we know that we should.

I am asking all people, especially those in Antigua, Dominica, St.
Lucia, St. Vincent, the Grenadines, Grenada to intervene with their
governments regarding the vote for the South Pacific sanctuary and they
support this resolution

Also I ask that all nations who seek to govern the sea, and that those
country's party to the International Whaling Commission,
specificallyJapan and Norway, acknowledge that for once we can reach
out beyond our individual ambitions and that as David still surely
hopes, the Pacific islanders be allowed to live peacefully and in
harmony with their whales and dolphins, creatures who most surely have
accompanied him on his journey.

To all those that suffer David's loss my most heartfelt compassion

Lesley (Sutty)
Eastern Caribbean Coalition for Environmental Awareness

---------------------------

ECOTERRA Intl.
Nairobi Node
http://www.ecoterra.net
http://www.ecoterra.org.uk
soon: http://www.ecoterra.de

ECOTERRA - FIRST PEOPLES & NATURE FIRST !
SURVIVAL & FREEDOM for PEOPLE & NATURE
24 h EMERGENCY RESPONSE PHONE LINE: +254-733-633-000

Feel welcome to subscribe to any or all of our free mailing lists:

ECOTERRA Intl. keeps your Personally Identifiable Information
confidential and does not sell, trade or exchange mailing lists with any
organization.

WILD_PEOPLES (Defending natural rights of traditional tribal peoples)
                                (also various lists for specific tribal
peoples)
WILD_FORESTS (Protection of the natural forests)
WILD_LIFE (Protection of species of wild fauna and flora)

WILD_SKY (Protection of the atmosphere)
WILD_SEAS (Protection of the marine biosphere)
WILD_LANDS (Protection of the terrestrial ecosystems)
WILD_WATERS (Protection of the aquatic eosystems)

WILD_ GENES (Protection against genetically modified organisms)

WILD_ROAR (ECOTERRA ALERT BULLETIN)
WILD_PRESS (hot news, features & press releases you don't get
from the mainstream media)

WILD_TIMES_NEWS - the hardcopy for people without internet access

... and please specify the listname! Thanks!
-----------
****NOTICE: This email and any files or attachments transmitted with it
may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended
solely for the use of the individual, entity, group or list to whom it
is addressed, except if earmarked for widest distribution. In accordance
with e.g. Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed
without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving
such information for research or educational, personal and
non-commercial purposes. Whilst all attempts have been made to check the
sources and references concerning the transmitted information, the
responsibility for the accuracy of all articles rests with the
originators and readers and not with the sender as such. Sources are
given when possible. If a copyright is noted, recipients should seek
permission from the source to reprint this photocopy. Otherwise, please
feel free to distribute without alteration and with all notes. If you
have received this mail in error, please contact the sender, delete the
material immediately from all your systems and do not use or disclose
the information in any way. The contents of this message may contain
personal views, which may not necessarily represent the views of
ECOTERRA Intl., unless specifically stated.
What you always wanted to know - check it out at:
<http://www.angelfire.com/mi/smilinks/thirdeye.html>