Sickle (fwd)

From: Mike Williamson (williams@whale.wheelock.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 14:01:07 EDT

    Subject: Sickle

    Just a quick note to let you know that our whale watch boat encounted
    Sickle and her calf 12 miles east off Kennebunkport, Me. on Sunday, Aug
    4 and disentagled her from 300 feet of gill net rope.

    She was so amazing! When our captain shut down the boat, she and her
    calf came over to the port side and lay alongside patiently while our
    crew pulled length after length of line wrapped around her left pectoral
    fin. After freeing her, she and her calf remained with our boat for
    over and hour and a half.....one wise old lady, she!

    Nautilus Whale Watch
    67 Ocean Avenue
    Kennebunkport, ME 04046
    207-967-0707