Subject: Dolphin Show information: WDCS (fwd)

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:26:53 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:00:12 -0700
From: caryn sullivan <caryn@ocean.oce.uri.EDU>
To: MARMAM@UVVM.UVIC.CA
Subject: WDCS

THE PERFORMING ORCA - WHY THE SHOW MUST STOP by Erich Hoyt
The definitive report exposing the dolphinaria industry.
A W.D.C.S. publication. SB 102pp (Order no. BK24)

It is available from WDCS TRADING LTD.  information at:
http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/whale/organisation/wdcs/sci.html

ordering instructions at:
http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/whale/organisation/wdcs/wdcsord.html

For those of us in the USA, I tried Amazon Books at:     http://www.amazon.com
Unfortunately they do not have this particular publication, however they do
have 17 books by Erich Hoyt, several of which are about orcas.

I do not know if WDCS TRADING LTD. can ship to the USA for a reasonable
fee...
...if you know where I might find this publication in the USA, please send
the information to me at the email address below.

I found a website for WDCS, but there is not an email contact
address on it, however, you can join the society online.  The WDCS home
page is at:     http://www.glen.co.uk/wdcs/
It has the following contact information:
Contact the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS),
                Alexander House, James St. West, Bath, Avon, BA1 2BT.
                    Tel: (44) 1225 334511, Fax: (44) 1225 480097

My intent was not to offend WDCS.  They fund many worthy endeavors.  But, I
am still interested in the complete facts.

Cheers,
Caryn

Caryn Self Sullivan
Graduate Student