Subject: SE Florida Marine Mammal Survey (fwd)

Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:05:09 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:06:06 -0400
From: Keith Ronald <kronald@nsu.acast.nova.edu>
To: MARMAM@UVVM.UVIC.CA
Subject: SE Florida Marine Mammal Survey

from- Professor Keith Ronald (kronald@nsu.acast.nova.edu)  Oceanographic
Center Institute of Marine and Coastal Studies Nova Southeastern
University 8000 North Ocean Drive Dania, Florida, 33304, USA.  Adjunct
Professor, Marine Mammals and Environmental Studies.

After reviewing the literature and from personal obseravtions we are now
trying to establish the distribution of all known marine
mammals that are resident, transient (seasonal) in the S.E. Florida
coastal waters.
If you have anecdotal, personal or scientific sightings, it would be
helpful if you would complete and return  the short form below :-

Question:

1)  I have seen ___,  heard of ____, read of ____ in S.E. Florida waters:

Small whales (dolphins, etc.) -

        Species:

        Position:                               Lat.            Long:

2) I have seen __,  heard of ____,read of ____ in S.E. Florida waters:

Large whales -

        Species:

        Position:                               Lat.            Long.

3)  I have seen ___, heard of ____ read of ____. in S.E. Florida waters:

Manatee -

        Species:

        Position:                               Lat.            Long.

4)  I have seen ___,  heard of ____, in S.E. Florida waters:

Seals, sea lions (recognize that many would be exotics, but please let us
know) -

        Species:

        Position:                               Lat.            Long.

-We will bring all material together and it will supplement the
information we have already gathered from the published literature, and
be used to complete a research project  on environmental effects
natural and man-made on these species. I will post a summary of the
results.Thank you for your help in this matter.

Professor K. Ronald
e-mail:  kronald@nsu.acast.nova.edu