Subject: SEC: Unclassified Impact of detonations on marine mammals (fwd)

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:08:07 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:17:20 -0800
From: Chuck Oliver <coliver@sgilj.ucsd.edu>
To: MARMAM@UVVM.UVIC.CA
Subject: Re: SEC: Unclassified  Impact of detonations on marine mammals

--=====================_1137965==_.ALT

This one might be of interest to you.

Ketten, D. 1998. Marine mammal auditory systems: a summary of audiometric and
anatomical data and its implications for underwater acoustic impacts.
NOAATMNMFSSWFSC256. 74p. For now you can try printing the Adobe PDF file from
this site.

<http://swfsc.ucsd.edu/mmd/dsweb/PDFs/TM256.pdf>http://swfsc.ucsd.edu/mmd/d
sweb/PDFs/TM256.pdf

Good luck, Chuck

At 08:57 AM 11/10/1999 +1100, you wrote:
>Greetings (again)
>
>I am chasing information/studies with respect to impacts on marine mammals
>from underwater detonations either surface, mid-water or seabed.  I am
>currently managing a project that is looking at impacts on dugong
>populations from underwater detonations on behalf of the Australia Defence
>Force - hence my request to broaden my understanding of the issues.
>Particularly the variances between mid-water, surface, and seabed
>detonations and the extent to which environmental factors influence the
>movement of related pressure and noise.
>
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Any responses can be directed to mark.imber@cbr.defence.gov.au.
>

>Regards
>
>Mark

Chuck Oliver
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA
P.O. Box 271, La Jolla, California 92038
Telephone: 619 546 7172
         Fax: 619 546 7003
E-mail: coliver@sgilj.ucsd.edu