Scholarships for Computer/IT Training for Teachers/Educators

From: scholarships@ioip.com
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 19:51:59 EDT

Tuition-Free Computer and IT Training for Teachers/Educators

Dear Teacher/Educator,

To help the Nation's teachers and others in education to become
computer-literate and/or computer professionals, the non-profit
National Education Foundation CyberLearning, with the support of
Microsoft and others, is offering the first 5,000 applicants full tuition
scholarships of $2,000 to take any or all of the 400+ Internet-based
online personal computing and computer professional courses.

The high-quality, user-friendly courses are either self-study or
instructor-led. They cover all levels and almost all topics, including
Computer Basics, Internet Basics, Web Design Basics, Networking
Basics, Programming Basics, A+, Network+, MCSE, CNE, Microsoft
Office, MOUS, WordPerfect, Lotus, Operating Systems, Windows,
Windows 2000, Linux, Unix, Networking, WAN, LAN, Programming,
Java, C++, Visual Basics, Internet, Web Design, Web Applications,
Web Master, E-commerce, Databases, Oracle and Cisco.

To sign up, just visit www.cyberlearning.org, click on "Free IT Training,"
complete the application and pay a registration fee of $75.
This $75 is your only cost, since the tuition is free for you.

You can receive immediate access to all 400+ online courses, an
online library of the latest 1,000+ computer/information technology
books, instructor assistance, course-specific chat areas and round
the clock technical support.

Please feel free to forward this information to interested teachers,
educators and others in education. If you do not wish to receive any
further scholarship information from us, please reply with the message,
"remove” in the Subject line. Thank you.

The non-profit National Education Foundation (NEF) CyberLearning
has provided tuition-free IT training to thousands of students,
teachers and disadvantaged individuals. It has earned many
distinctions including "The Ivy League of IT Training,"
"1995 Fairfax Human Rights Award Winner,"
and " A Leader in Bridging the Digital Divide."

“You are helping to empower America. I salute you for your ongoing
 commitment to creating a better America,” --- President Clinton

"This is an awesome opportunity." --- Washingtonjobs.com

“Microsoft is pleased to play a part ... NEF can make a positive
 difference in the lives of a great number of individuals." --- Microsoft

"I have found the CyberLearning online courses to be extremely easy
and useful. I liked pre-course self-assessments and IT books online
and available 24/7. The course screens were interactive and made me
feel as if I was in the application itself. The site looks and feels very
professional. The list of courses is huge. It includes something for
almost everyone. I find this to be a very worthy cause."
 --- Ken Horowitz, IT Training coordinator