Data Location Seal "Lucky" (fwd)

From: mike williamson (williams@www1.wheelock.edu)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 19:17:09 EDT

Hmmmmm....Well not much help here. As of yesterday it was a bit unclear
just what was going on with "Lucky". After reaching an offshore location
near where he has been spending most of his offshore time, "Lucky" appeared
to take a sharp veer off to the east and was apparently heading over very
deep water of Wilkinson Basin. An odd change in pattern. Well, today only
brought two additional location messages. This might be die to bad weather
and rough seas blocking transmissions, it might be because out batteries
may be finally giving up and failing on the tag. Either way, about all we
can do at this point is wait and see if we get more signals.

These most recent locations, although not very reliable, appear to show
"Lucky" again heading back to the west (basically making a 10 mile diameter
circle) back towards his more familiar location (although a bit north).
Hopefully we will get a few more hints at what is going on....

Keep your fingers crossed,

The data:

27480 Date : 16.05.01 17:15:21 LC : A IQ : 08Lat1 : 42.840N Lon1 :
69.948W
27480 Date : 16.05.01 19:46:19 LC : B IQ : 00Lat1 : 42.793N Lon1 :
70.047W

ge

Greg Early
Edgerton Research Laboratory