Subject: Info: What can you do?? Conservation

Wed, 22 May 1996 09:04:11 -0400 (EDT)

This is forwarded to WhaleNet for those of you who ask "What can I do?"
Before you "do" do some research on the issue and to whom you may send a
message?
What is the IWC?
Where is South Africia?
Why is this important? or is this important?
Make educated, informed decisions?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 12:19:07 +0200 (SAT)
From: Richard Ian Chalklin <ianc@icafe.co.za>
To: pita@whale.simmons.edu
Subject: Forwarded mail....

Friends,

We have to move fast - Please forward this to your colleagues and friends.

South Africa cannot be allowed to change it is stance within the IWC.
World-wide pressure is essential.

Our New Government in its Youth cannot see the world-wide implications
of changing it's policy towards whaling. The Indian Ocean as a Sanctuary
extends the greater length of the South African Coastline - it must
remain totally safe as a breeding groud for the Southern Right and other
species of whales.

I attach e-mail contacts for Pallo Jordon the Incoming Minister for the
                             Environment and Tourism
pjordan@anc.org.za,
			     Peter Mokaba - Chair of the Environment
                             and Tourism Study Group