Subject: Right Whale rescue mission

Yankee Fleet (yankee@tiac.net)
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:32:44 -0400

At 08:40 PM 8/5/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Channel 5 announced that a Right Whale was caught in a net off Gloucester and
>that
>a rescue was in progress.  Can you share the status of the rescue mission at
>this time???  Thanks and good luck with the rescue.

As of yesterday, the entangled right whale had not been sighted since
Monday, August 5th.  The rescue team from the Center for Coastal Studies is
on alert, which means that they are ready to attempt a disentanglement as
soon as the whale is sighted again.  We are certainly all hopeful that the
whale will be observed soon, and we are looking for it diligently on our trips.