Subject: Is there such an animal as the "sea wolf"

Yankee Fleet (yankee@tiac.net)
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:59:39 -0400

At 11:13 PM 8/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there a smaller "version" of a killer whale called a "sea wolf"?
>If so, where can I find more info. on them?  Thanks in advance.
>
>	-Martin Bentz
>	 bentz@bayserve.net

Dear Mr. Bentz -

I personally have never heard of such a creature!  However, there is an
animal called the pseudorca, or false killer whale that is smaller and
similar looking, but I have never heard it referred to as a "sea wolf"! One
of the best reference books on cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises) is
the Sierra Club Handbook by Stephen Leatherwood.  It contains wonderful
descriptions, photos and accounts of each species' physical characteristics,
habits and habitat.