Subject: Seal data Balti on Sunday (fwd)

mike williamson (williams@www1.wheelock.edu)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:44:35 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: ALums48454@aol.com
To: williams@www1.wheelock.edu
Subject: Balti on Sunday

Never met a seal with a backpack before....rather startling.  At half tide
she was around the Little French's ledges.  A group of a dozen or so large
seals were occupying the higher ledge while on a lower spot about 50 yards
away ten or so smaller animals were hauled out.  We watched for a half an
hour or so and she didn't haul out.  She cruised around the smaller group
taking shallow dives and tried to get out a couple of times.  I rather
gathered her presence was not being terribly well received.
Will follow her adventures with great interest now that I have found you.